Friday, April 03, 2009

Food Review!!

Firstly- Heads up to The Bach! over the past month we've been there twice for birthdays and we've had a great time both times. You can fill out a form and get a free dinner for your birthday once a year, and if you bring more than 4 friends then you each get a free glass of wine. Now thats an awesome service idea!. Their service is always great and friendly too:)

Heads way down to the cafe Chaos! Now I'm not one to complain, and I like to look on the brightside of life.. but... My wife went there for lunch yesterday and had a chicken and mushroom crepe, last night she became violently ill. Food poisoning! O.k, so we all know this can happen and I think the best way to deal with this is to call the restaruant where we know we ate and let them know, not to complain, but so that they can make changes so other members of the public don't also fall ill. So I called up Chaos this morning to explain to them, said I was not complaining, just letting them know. To my surprise the person on the other end of the phone was highly defensive and rude and told me: "well I ate 2 last night and I'm alright" amongst other things!. I explained once again that i wasn't complaining at all, just letting them know, it still didn't get through and i got another earful of which I had to say "ok, thank you, bye now. It turns out that my wife's food was not heated properly, and another customer who was with her also had a lasagna which was cold. I certainly hope it was not the manager I was talking to. And ofcourse it is written off as a place for us to ever partake in meetings or the likes.

How did we know it was their food? While working on ships with extreme food treatment requirements we are given guidelines in one of our safety courses of certain courses to take and time lines of sicknesses etc. Food poisoning typically takes approximately 5-7 hours to hit after ingesting the food. This is how doctors and restatuarants can pinpoint the problem food. So there you go- food for thought ;-)

Get well soon my beautiful wife!

No comments: